- Project checklist, Pre-Construction Conference (MS Word)
- FAA Form 5100-1, Airport Pavement Design (MS Word)
- Regional Policy
- Airport Improvement Program Safety/Phasing Plan Checklist (PDF)
EngineeringEngineering staff is responsible for airport engineering standards, configuration, design, equipment, and operations criteria at civil airports. The staff ensures adherence to standards for the construction and maintenance of airport facilities. They provide guidance, standards, and specifications relating to airport pavement design, construction, and maintenance. They are also responsible for modifications to FAA design standards.
- Craig Bailey, Senior Civil Engineer
Provides technical assistance in matters relating to Engineering and Standards.
- Barry Hammer, Project Manager
Responsible for airports in Maine and New Hampshire.
- Bob Siris, Project Manager
Responsible for Rhode Island and the Boston Residential Sound Insulation Program.
- Cliff Vacirca, Project Manager
Responsible for Massachusetts and Vermont (including Massport Airports).
- John Merck, Project Manager
Responsible for airports in Vermont and Connecticut.
Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis
- Tracey McInnis
Maintains Non-Rulemaking Airspace Analysis cases. Contact for establishing, changing, or abandoning a heliport, landing area, or private airport. Serves as the focal point on obstruction evaluations.
- To discuss Wildlife Management Plans, contact Michelle Ricci
National Policy and Guidance
- Acquiring Land for Airports and Relocation Assistance
- Airport Lighting
- Airport Pavement Design and Construction
- Airports Surveying / GIS Program
- Modifications of Standards for A380s, B747-8s, & New Large Aircraft
- Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis
- Open or Close an Airport or Runway
- Procurement and Contracting under the AIP
- AC Checklist for AIP and PFC Projects (6/2010) (PDF)
- Federal Provisions for Construction, Equipment, & Professional Services (A/E) Contracts
- Equipment Meeting Buy American Requirements (MS Excel)
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Detection Equipment Request for Qualifications (PDF) (posted 8/10/2010)
- Percent Calculation Worksheet (MS Excel) (posted 8/10/2010)
- Notice of Decision to Issue Buy American Waivers for Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Detection Equipment (PDF)
Advisory Circulars (ACs)
- Series 150 AC Library
- Other FAA ACs
- DOT Special Collections - Historical ACs (1957-2000)
Airports GIS & Electronic Airport Layout Plan (eALP)
Data, Tools, & Resources
- Aircraft Characteristics Database
- Airport Acronyms
- Airport Data and Contact Information
- Airport Design Software
- Airport Diagrams (digital - Terminal Procedures Publication)
- National Flight Procedures (Instrument Approach Procedures)
- Training Videos
Guidance & Policy
Publications & Forms
- Air Traffic Publications
- FAA Technical Center Library
- Federal Register Notices
Research & Development
- Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP)
- Airport Technology Research and Development
- National Airport Pavement Test Facility