Steps the FAA is Taking to Increase Aviation Safety in Alaska
- Weather Reporting Enhancements
- Install weather observing systems at airports and continue testing new weather monitoring technology.
- Navigation Strategy Development
- Develop an airspace navigation strategy with lower-altitude flight routes and improved GPS backup systems.
- Aeronautical Charting
- Improve navigation charting by verifying and adding mountain pass information on aeronautical charts.
- Expand ADS-B service coverage to areas that don't have it.
- Safety Outreach
- Continue and develop new safety outreach collaborations to address concerns from multiple perspectives.
Travel to Alaska for a look inside the FAA’s Flight Service Stations and learn why pilots depend on them.