Make a FOIA Request
Submitting FOIA Requests
In recognition of the President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America and following the Department's guidance to take all necessary precautions to protect the health and safety of the Department's workforce, the FOIA team is working remotely and not able to process any requests mailed or faxed to the office. Any requests received by mail or fax after Monday, March 16, 2020, may not be processed until employees are able to return safely to the office. If you wish to resubmit your request, please send it to the following e-mail address:
Make an electronic FOIA Request for
- Air Traffic Records
- Airman Certification or Aircraft Registry records
- Airmen Medical records
- FAA Enforcement Database records
- Other FOIA Requests
What Fees Must I Pay?
Fees vary based on the requester’s fee category: commercial, media/educational, all other and the volume of records.
What Information Must Be Included in My Request?
- Mailing address
- Phone number and/or email address
- A description of the records you seek and, if possible, the location of the records
- Clearly state that you are making the request under the FOIA
- Your fee category
- Amount you are willing to pay