NOTAMs are notices filed with an aviation autority to alert pilots of potential hazards along a route of flight or at a location that could affect the safety of the flight.
Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) are issued by the NOTAM System to restrict certain aircraft from operating within a defined area on a temporary basis to protect persons or property in the air or on the ground.
Safety Alerts and Charting Notices are notices regarding charting products currently in effect that may not be NOTAM worthy.
VFR Chart Update Bulletins provide major changes in aeronautical information that have occurred since the last publication date of each Sectional, TAC, and Helicopter Route Chart listed.
VFR Class B Enhancement Graphics provide graphics designed to increase safety and aid pilots in gaining situational awareness within existing and redesigned Class B areas.
A/FDs, Alaska & Pacific Supplements provide airport, communication and NAVAID information.
Alaska Wx Cameras service 190 Alaska locations on a near real-time basis.
Aeronautical Chart User's Guide contains a listing of charting symbols used on each AeroNav product and its meaning.
Frequently Asked (Visual) Questions contains a listing of frequently asked questions and answers.
Aeronautical Navigation Products (AeroNav Products) supports Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, and Aviation Planners with a myriad of products and services to promote safe aeronautical navigation.
- Develops and maintains the FAA's Instrument Flight Procedures (IFPs).
- Develops and maintains Performance Based Navigation Procedures to support the Next Generation Air Traffic Systems (NextGen).
- Compiles and publishes the FAA's Instrument and Visual Flight Rule (IFR and VFR) Aeronautical Chart Products.
- Produces specialized aeronautical products to support Terminal and Enroute Air Traffic Control.
- Develops and maintains Digital Aeronautical Products to support pilot's Electronic Flight Bags and Flight Management Systems.
- Produces specialized Digital Products to support Air Traffic Control and Airport and Airspace Planning.
- Distributes FAA paper and digital Aeronautical Chart Products worldwide through a network of Authorized FAA Chart Agents, sales outlets and direct, one-time sales.
- Develops and disseminates Navigational Products and Services to the Department of Defense, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and other Federal Agencies.