The Federal Aviation Administration Capital Investment Plan (CIP) is a 5-year plan that describes the National Airspace System (NAS) modernization programs and lists the activities we intend to accomplish during that period. The CIP contains both programs that modernize existing systems and programs that continue the transformation to the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen). It also contains the NAS Enterprise Architecture roadmaps which show the timetable for the introduction of new technology to achieve the planned NextGen capabilities and capacity increases.
Option 1: Download the entire document
- Complete CIP (PDF, 3.6 MB)
Option 2: Download individual sections of the document
- CIP Overview document (PDF, 1 MB)
- Appendix A: Relationship of Projects to Strategic Plan Goals (PDF, 166 KB)
- Appendix B: Detailed Program Plan Data (PDF, 2.6 MB)
Previous NAS Capital Investment Plans
- 2016: Fiscal Years 2017-2021 (PDF, 3.6 MB)
- 2015: Fiscal Years 2016-2020 (PDF, 5.4 MB)
- 2014: Fiscal Years 2015-2019 (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- 2013: Fiscal Years 2014-2018 (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- 2012: Fiscal Years 2013-2017 (PDF, 4.1 MB)
For more information, please contact Denis Ortega.