We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5200-30D (PDF, 2.3 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5200-30D, Airport Field Condition Assessments and Winter Operations Safety (posted 03/07/2016)
This AC provides guidance to assist airport operators in assessing and reporting field conditions through the utilization of the Runway Condition Assessment Matrix (RCAM), conducting and reporting runway friction surveys, and developing snow removal and control procedures.
|150/5000 (PDF, 985 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5000-XX, State Block Grant Program (posted 12/01/2015)
This AC provides guidance for application to and implementation of the State Block Grant Program (SBGP). It will help states considering participating in the SBGP, those already in the program, and FAA regional and field personnel administer it uniformly across the country.
Note: The comment deadline for Draft AC 150/5000-XX is extended to February 5, 2016, and the due date for SBGP state implementation plans to April 1, 2016
|150/5345-43H (PDF, 471 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5345-43H, Specification for Obstruction Lighting Equipment (posted 12/18/2015)
This specification FAA requirements for obstruction lighting equipment used to increase conspicuity of structures to permit early obstruction recognition by pilots.
|150/5200-37A (PDF, 2.2 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5200-37A, Safety Management Systems for Airports (posted 06/29/2012)
Provides detailed guidance about developing and implementing SMS on an airport. Explains how SMS will help airports develop an explicit, pro-active, and engaged process for identifying and quantifying potential hazards and risks and for managing them in a systematically coherent, logical, and reasonable way.
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Unless specifically noted, we generally accept comments only from recognized industry organizations. If you would like to comment on a Draft Advisory Circular, please submit your comments to one of the organizations listed below.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060