We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5200-28E (PDF, 363 KB)||
Draft 150/5200-28E, Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) for Airport Operators (posted 11/07/2014)
This advisory circular (AC) provides guidance on using the NOTAM system for reporting airport facilities changes or outages, and airport condition reporting. This AC prescribes procedures used to describe, format, and disseminate information on unanticipated or temporary changes to components of, or hazards in, the National Airspace System (NAS).
This is a complete rewrite. Principal changes include the introduction of a surface contaminant list, advocacy of obtaining and using new NOTAMS system technology, and the addition of new NOTAM terms, definitions, and examples.
Please include comments in the attached comments matrix and submit to Phillip Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org by the comment deadline.
|150/5100 (PDF, 1.77 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5100-XX, Guidance on the Extraction of Oil and Gas on Federally Obligated Airports (posted 09/09/2014)
This Advisory Circular discusses oil and gas development on federally obligated airport land, including any drilling that penetrates the property (surface and subsurface). It describes existing FAA policy, guidance, standards, and obligations, as well as other applicable laws and regulations, for airport sponsors to apply to proposed on-airport oil and gas development activities.
|150/5070-7 (PDF, 2.44 MB)||
Draft Change 1 to AC 150/5070-7, The Airport System Planning Process (posted 07/21/2014)
Change 1 addresses recommendations made by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) to enhance FAA review of airport system planning studies. It also incorporates minor edits to correct technical information since the previous publication.
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Unless specifically noted, we generally accept comments only from recognized industry organizations. If you would like to comment on a Draft Advisory Circular, please submit your comments to one of the organizations listed below.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060