We work with security specialists at each FAA region and center to ensure the Agency complies with public laws, national directives, and Department of Transportation policies that influence our security practices. This collaboration creates an FAA environment that reduces the risks posed by:
- Other criminal acts
Contractor & Industrial Security
The Contractor & Industrial Security Program focuses on security for contractors working at FAA. Program objectives include:
- Providing the basis for contractors' clearances
- Determining contractors' suitability for employment in the agency with access to FAA resources, facilities, and sensitive information
- Safeguarding classified material in the possession of FAA contractors
The FAA considers the suitability of contractors the same as an FAA employee.
The Information Safeguards Program protects the FAA's classified and sensitive unclassified information. Program objectives include:
- Controlling and safeguarding from unauthorized disclosure of classified information, Sensitive Security Information (SSI), and other types of sensitive unclassified information that contribute to the safety and security of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Conveying security requirements, classification guidance, and handling procedures for classified material received or generated by FAA contractors in accordance with National Industrial Security Program (NISP) guidelines.