Investigative services are often performed at the request of other FAA offices. These may involve a wide variety of subjects such as:
- Alleged criminal activity by airmen and other FAA certificate holders
- Unapproved aircraft parts
- Counterfeit certificates
- Falsification of official documents
- Security violations, property theft, etc.
- Alleged employee misconduct and criminal activity
The FAA does not conduct criminal investigations, but does investigate airmen and employee or contractor employee involvement in criminal activity as it applies to employment or certification. We refer all criminal investigations to the Department of Transportation, the Office of Inspector General, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation.