Current revision date - August 29, 2018
The Guide provides pertinent information and guidance needed to perform the duties and responsibilities of an Aviation Medical Examiner.
NOTE: Updates to the AME Guide are posted on the last Wednesday of each month, usually before 9:00 a.m. CT. For specific dates, please see the 2018 update schedule. Refer to the Archives (PDF) document for a description of changes posted each month.
Methods to navigate through the Guide
- NavAids - Alternative Browsing for the AME Guide (PDF)
- NavAids FAQs (PDF)
- FAA Form 8500-8; Application Process and Examination Techniques
- Aeromedical Decision Considerations
- Student Pilot Rule Change (PDF)
- Download, Print, or View the Complete AME Guide (PDF)
- Archives and Updates - Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners (PDF)
- Designee Management Policy - FAA Order 8000.95 (PDF)
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) - The International Standards on Personnel Licensing are contained in Annex 1 - Personnel Licensing to the Convention on International Civil Aviation. The FAA maintains an updated, hard copy of all the ICAO Annexes and also an on-line subscription. The FAA makes copies of Annex 1 available at seminars and can provide Examiners access upon request.
- Locate an Office
- 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 67 Medical Standards and Certification
- Listing of HIMS Independent Medical Sponsors: MS Word, PDF