Current date of revision to the Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners - April 17, 2014
The Guide provides pertinent information and guidance needed to perform the duties and responsibilities of an Aviation Medical Examiner.
Methods to navigate through the Guide:
- NavAids - Alternative Browsing for the AME Guide (PDF)
- NavAids FAQs (PDF, 26 KB)
- FAA Form 8500-8; Application Process and Examination Techniques
- Aeromedical Decision Considerations
- Download, Print, or View the Complete AME Guide (PDF, 1.57 MB)
- Archives and Updates - Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners (PDF, 182 KB)
- Aviation Medical Examiner System - Order 8520.2G (PDF, 113 KB)
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) - The International Standards on Personnel Licensing are contained in Annex 1 - Personnel Licensing to the Convention on International Civil Aviation. The FAA maintains an updated, hard copy of all the ICAO Annexes and also an on-line subscription. The FAA makes copies of Annex 1 available at seminars and can provide Examiners access upon request.
- Locate an Office
- 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 67 Medical Standards and Certification