Section 2. Itinerant Operations
- Count IFR itinerant operations as follows:
- One count for an aircraft on an IFR flight plan or a special visual flight rule (SVFR) clearance that:
- Takes off.
- One count for aircraft on an IFR flight plan that executes a missed approach procedure.
- One count for a VFR aircraft that requests to practice the published missed approach procedure when approved separation is provided by the tower and TRACON.
- One count for a SVFR clearance operating wholly within the Class D or Class E surface area, e.g., local SVFR making a series of landings and takeoffs (towers).
When an aircraft operates on a SVFR clearance for a series of VFR patterns and landings, only one instrument count must be taken for the SVFR clearance, while each takeoff and landing is tabulated as a local operation.
- One count for each aircraft practicing instrument procedures either on an IFR flight plan or VFR (if approved separation is provided) that:
- Takes off from a complete stop and practices an instrument departure.
- Practices an instrument approach procedure.
- Count VFR itinerant operations as follows:
- One count for an aircraft operating VFR that:
- Takes off.
- Two counts for each low approach below traffic pattern altitude (one landing and one taking off), a stop and go operation, or touch-and-go operation.
Consider operations of more than one aircraft operating in a formation as a single aircraft. If the formation breaks up into smaller formations, consider each additional formation as a separate aircraft.