The FAA's regular Airport Improvement Program (AIP) provides more than $3.18 billion annually in entitlement and discretionary grant funds for a network of more than 3,300 eligible airports. On December 20, 2019, the President signed Public Law 116-94, "Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020," which included a Supplemental amount of $400 million for discretionary grants under the AIP statute, 49 U.S.C. Chapters 471 and 475.
The Supplemental funds made available under the FY 2020 Appropriations Act are derived from the General Fund and are not subject to existing AIP discretionary formulas or set-asides. The Supplemental funds are available for award through FY 2022. Because of these parameters, the FAA is using our well-established Airport Capital Improvement Plan (ACIP) process to develop a proposed list of eligible and justified projects, which we will execute through our regular AIP process. All Supplemental funds will be awarded by September 30, 2022.
- Supplemental Projects Intent to Award (PDF) (announced on 4/30/2020)
- Supplemental Funding by State (PDF) (added 4/30/2020)
- 4/30/2020 - Press Release
- Map of AIP and Supplemental Grants
- FY 2020-2022 AIP Supplemental Appropriation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF) (added 10/22/2020)