On March 23, 2018, the President signed H.R. 1625, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018. The legislation provided the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Airport Improvement Program (AIP) an additional $1 billion in discretionary grants, to enable the Secretary of Transportation to make grants for projects as authorized by subchapter 1 of chapter 471 and subchapter 1 of chapter 475 of title 49, United States Code.
The Act also stipulated that the Secretary shall give priority consideration to projects at: (a) nonprimary airports that are classified as Regional, Local, or Basic airports and not located within a Metropolitan or Micropolitan Statistical Area as defined by the Office of Management and Budget; or (b) primary airports that are classified as Small or Nonhub airports.
- Supplemental Projects (PDF) (Announced on September 27, 2018)
Supplemental Funding Requests
These optional tools can be used to meet the submission requirements established in the July 9, 2018, Federal Register Notice listed below. Their use is optional, but may enable the FAA to process requests more quickly.
- Online: Request Access for Optional Online Submission (added 9/27/2018)
- PDF: Optional Airport Project Request Template and Instructions (PDF) (added 7/24/2018)
Note: The FRN requires requests to be submitted via email.
- Federal Register Notice: Supplemental Guidance on the Airport Improvement Program (AIP) for Fiscal Years 2018-2020 (83 FR 31834, July 9, 2018)
Note: Footnotes 6, 7, and 9 should refer back to Footnote 5, not 4.
- FY 2018-2020 AIP Supplemental Appropriation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF) (added 7/16/2018)
- Airports eligible for 'Priority Consideration' as of October 19, 2018 (PDF) (added 10/19/2018)
- Airports eligible for 'Priority Consideration' as of April 30, 2018 (Superseded) (PDF) (superseded 10/19/2018)