On March 23, 2018, the President signed H.R. 1625, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018. The legislation provided the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Airport Improvement Program (AIP) an additional $1 billion in discretionary grants, to enable the Secretary of Transportation to make grants for projects as authorized by subchapter 1 of chapter 471 and subchapter 1 of chapter 475 of title 49, United States Code.
The Act also stipulated that the Secretary shall give priority consideration to projects at: (a) nonprimary airports that are classified as Regional, Local, or Basic airports and not located within a Metropolitan or Micropolitan Statistical Area as defined by the Office of Management and Budget; or (b) primary airports that are classified as Small or Nonhub airports.
- Supplemental Projects (PDF) (Announced on September 27, 2018)
Supplemental Funding Requests
These optional tools can be used to meet the submission requirements established in the July 9, 2018, Federal Register Notice listed below. Their use is optional, but may enable the FAA to process requests more quickly.
- Online access requests are no longer being accepted. Please email your submission in accordance with the Federal Register Notice.
- PDF: Optional Airport Project Request Template and Instructions (PDF) (added 7/24/2018)
Note: The FRN requires requests to be submitted via email.
- Federal Register Notice: Supplemental Guidance on the Airport Improvement Program (AIP) for Fiscal Years 2018-2020 (83 FR 31834, July 9, 2018)
Note: Footnotes 6, 7, and 9 should refer back to Footnote 5, not 4.
- FY 2018-2020 AIP Supplemental Appropriation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF) (added 7/16/2018)
- Corrected list of Airports eligible for 'Priority Consideration' as of October 19, 2018 (PDF) (added 10/25/2018)
This is a correction to the 10/19/2018 Priority Consideration list. The corrections do not impact any airports. Since posting the list on 10/19/2018, we discovered the following three issues: (1) Duplicate listings, (2) The bullet point summarizing the changes (quantity of additions and removals) to the Priority Consideration list was incorrect, and (3) The 'as of' date at the top of the nonprimary airports table had not been updated. This version corrects all three issues. Despite the duplicates, the individual airports on the October 19, 2018, list were correct. The duplicates also had no impact to the State totals.
- Airports eligible for 'Priority Consideration' as of April 30, 2018 (Superseded) (PDF) (superseded 10/19/2018)