Benefit-Cost Analyses (BCAs) help identify proposed projects that will provide a net benefit to the aviation community. We require BCAs for all capacity projects that require more than $10 million in AIP discretionary funds but can request them for less costly projects, as well.
Airport Benefit-Cost Analysis Guidance
- Benefit-Cost Analysis Guidance (AIP Handbook - Change 1, Chapter 3, Paragraphs 3-13, 3-14, 3-15) (PDF)
Additional BCA Guidance
- Airport Benefit-Cost Analysis Guidance (PDF)
- Airway Planning Standard Number One, Order 7031.2C
- Economic Analysis of Investment and Regulatory Decisions (PDF)
- Economic Values for Evaluation of FAA Investment and Regulatory Decisions
- Estimating the Regional Economic Significance of Airports (PDF, 1.67 MB)
- Planning Information Needed for FAA Headquarters Review of Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA) (PDF) - (March 31, 2006)
- Principles for Federal Infrastructure Investments (Executive Order 12893) (PDF) - (January 26, 1994)
See also . . .
- ACRP Synthesis 13: Effective Practices for Preparing Airport Improvement Program Benefit-Cost Analysis
Senior Economic Advisor
|Systems and Policy Analysis Division (APO-200)||(202) 267-7035|
|Financial Analysis and PFC Branch (APP-510)||(202) 267-9593|