States that participate in the State Block Grant Program assume responsibility for administering Airport Improvement Program (AIP) grants at airports classified as "other than primary" airports — that is, nonprimary commercial service, reliever, and general aviation airports. Each State is responsible for determining which locations will receive funds for ongoing project administration.
FAA began this program in 1989 with three States: Illinois, Missouri, and North Carolina. AIR-21 authorized up to 10 States to participate. Title 49 United States Code Section 47128 contains program requirements.
- Draft AC 150/5000-XX, State Block Grant Program (added 12/3/2015)
This AC provides guidance for application to and implementation of the State Block Grant Program (SBGP). Comments requested by January 4, 2016.
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- Airport Improvement Program (AIP)
- AIP Handbook (Order 5800.38)
See Chapter 6, Section 2, for details.
- State Block Grant Program Subaward Reporting
- Title 14 CFR Part 156, State Block Grant Pilot Program