Southwest Region Airports Division
The Southwest Region Airports Division oversees airport development, certification, and safety for the following states.
- New Mexico
Our office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central Time.
Federal Aviation Administration
Office of Airports (ASW-600)
10101 Hillwood Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76177
If possible, please send written correspondence via email.
See Our Contact Information section below.
The mission of the FAA is to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world.
The role of the FAA Airports organization in meeting this goal is to provide leadership in planning and developing a safe and efficient national airport system to satisfy the needs of aviation interests of the United States. The FAA Airports organization accomplishes this task with due consideration for economics, environmental compatibility, local proprietary rights and the safeguarding of the public investment.
The Airports organization provides leadership and support to the aviation community for purposes of planning, developing, and maintaining a safe and efficient system of airports. We provide technical and advisory guidance in the following areas:
- Airport planning and development
- Environmental reviews of airport improvement projects and noise compatibility
- Airport inspections to assure the safety of operations at Part 139 certificated airports
- Administration and oversight of the Airport Improvement Program (AIP)
- Administration and oversight of Federal Airport Grant Programs including the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) and Covid Relief Grant Programs
- Administration and oversight of the Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) program
- Protection of the Public's interest and investment by ensuring Sponsor compliance with Federal obligations
- Protection of airspace on and immediately adjacent to an airport
- Safety Risk Management
Our Contact Information
- Office of the Director (PDF)
- Planning and Programming Branch (PDF)
- Safety and Standards Branch
- Arkansas/Oklahoma ADO Assignments
- Louisiana/New Mexico ADO Assignments
- Texas ADO Assignments (PDF)