June 19 — FAA looking to hire controllers at busy New York air traffic facility.
June 11 — The ASTM standards will help manufacturers comply with the August 2017 Part 23 revisions.
June 7 — These security restrictions are designed to limit UAS flights over select, national security sensitive locations.
June 1 — Report documents the FAA's finding that the project will have no significant environmental impact.
May 24 — FAA announces hiring opportunity for experienced aviation safety professionals.
Regulations and Guidelines
Recent Regulations and Guidelines
- 25-7D - Flight Test Guide for Certification of Transport Category Airplanes (May 4, 2018)
- 61-98D - Currency Requirements and Guidance for the Flight Review and Instrument Proficiency Check (April 30, 2018)
- 90-66B - Non-Towered Airport Flight Operations (March 13, 2018)
- 150/5340-30J - Design and Installation Details for Airport Visual Aids (February 12, 2018)
- 90-80C - Approval of Offshore Standard Approach Procedures, Airborne Radar Approaches, and Helicopter En Route Descent Areas (December 21, 2017)
- 2018-12-07 - Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Airplanes (published June 18, 2018)
- 2018-11-16 - Engine Alliance Turbofan Engines (published June 15, 2018)
- 2018-13-02 - Pratt & Whitney Division Turbofan Engines (published June 15, 2018)
- 2018-09-04 - Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Airplanes (published June 11, 2018)
- 2018-12-06 - The Boeing Company Airplanes (published June 11, 2018)
- AC 8050-88A - AFFIDAVIT OF OWNERSHIP LIGHT-SPORT AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURER'S (June 4, 2018)
- AC 8050-1B - Aircraft Registration Renewal Application (June 4, 2018)
- AC 8050-98 - AIRCRAFT SECURITY AGREEMENT (June 4, 2018)
- AC 8050-88 - AFFIDAVIT OF OWNERSHIP FOR AMATEUR-BUILT AND OTHER NON-TYPE CERTIFICATED AIRCRAFT (June 4, 2018)
- AC 8050-4 - CERTIFICATE OF REPOSSESSION OF ENCUMBERED AIRCRAFT (June 4, 2018)
- 1110.157 - Charter of the Drone Advisory Committee (June 15, 2018)
- 1110.156 - Charter of the NextGen Advisory Committee (June 15, 2018)
- JO 6040.15H - National Airspace Performance Reporting Service (NAPRS) (June 12, 2018)
- JO 7340.459 - Foreign ICAO Three Letter Designator (3LD) Additions and Modifications (excluding U.S.) (June 13, 2018)
- JO 7340.458 - ICAO Three Letter Designator (3LD) “FFY” and Associated Telephony “FLYERS AIR” (June 11, 2018)
- JO 7340.457 - ICAO Three Letter Designator (3LD) “MDB ” and Associated Telephony “MARIANAS” (June 11, 2018)
Look Up N-Numbers
Check Airport Status and Delays
Ky: It takes about four years between the time we launch a rule-making activity and for it to become a rule. This i… t.co/NHg7l2wN9g
Ky: We are changing our rule-making program to come down from 30 opinions to fewer than 10. That means we’re reduci… t.co/MpZ1SUQkq4
Ky: 2018 is a key year. Newer regulation was proposed – EASA 2.0, so to speak – and is expected to enter into forc… t.co/xzEfnNWZ6i
Bahrami: I appreciate your dedication to work in concert with us on this very noble effort to make our global… t.co/2gsB9QmSK2
Bahrami: We encourage stakeholders to self-report problems without having to fear immediate punitive action. This p… t.co/xwPvE0OFEF
Bahrami: We’re creating an environment that further enhances information sharing and encourages timely implementati… t.co/NRGoi3oKEm
Bahrami: CAST started in 1997 and in its first 10 years reduced commercial aviation fatality risk by 83 percent. We… t.co/0nFMpd08rL
Bahrami: We instituted a risk-based decision making approach within our own Safety Management System, demonstrating… t.co/V3G17x7LZu
Bahrami: Last year’s introduction of the revised Certification Process Improvement Guide has resulted in greater co… t.co/GmnUn4nIYY