Congratulations on your appointment to the Federal Aviation Administration!
While some of you may have transferred before from one Federal Agency to another, for others this may be a first experience. You are considered a "current Federal" or "transfer" employee if you are coming to the FAA from another Federal Agency with a break in service of no more than three days, not including use of annual leave.
Please ensure that you complete the required forms below in advance of your first day. You should bring these completed forms with you to orientation or submit them in advance to your HR Specialist, depending on the instructions you received in your offer letter.
|I-9||Employment Eligibility Verification (PDF) (physical signature required in the presence of an HR specialist)|
|SF 61||SF 61 Appointment Affidavits (PDF)|
|SF 1199A||Direct Deposit Sign-up Form (PDF)|
|W-4||Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF)|
|State Tax Form||State Tax Form (select the form for your appropriate state of residence)|
|D-4A||DC Certificate of Non-Residence in the District of Columbia (PDF) (headquarters personnel only)|
DOT Employee Information Form (PDF)
(Your HR Specialist will let you know if the DOT 2730-2 is required in addition to, or in place of, the SF 1199A)
|SF 256||Self Identification of Disability (PDF)|
|SF 144||Statement of Prior Federal Service (PDF)|
|Notification to Applicants and New Employees – Activities and Prohibited Financial Interests (PDF)|
|FAA 3300-9||Record of Family Relationship (PDF)|
|Statement of Education (PDF)|
|SF 181||Ethnicity and Race Identification (PDF)|
|Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service (PDF) (male only)|
|Most recent leave and earnings statement (LES) (for leave transfer information)|
|SF 15||Application for 10 Point Preference (PDF)|
|SF 813||Verification of Military Retiree's Service (PDF)|
|FAA Form 3300-34||Military Status Report|
|R1 20-97||Estimated Earning During Military Service (PDF)|
|You must provide a copy of your DD 214 for each period of active duty. Please make sure it is a copy that includes character of service or type of discharge and time lost.|
|Acknowledgement of Ineligibility for OSI/SCI (PDF)|
Be sure to bring two forms of current government ID on your first day (acceptable forms of ID listed on page 9 of the I-9 form (PDF)).
If you have any questions about your requirements, please contact the HR Specialist listed in your offer letter or refer to the HR Contact List to find your representative.
Please ensure that you read the notices below in addition to the important policy notices contained in the Required Reading Material section:
- E-Verify (English) (PDF)
- E-Verify (Spanish) (PDF)
- Right to Work (English) (PDF)
- Right to Work (Spanish) (PDF)
Additionally, here are a few things that you should know:
- If you are enrolled in the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) program, your health benefits plan transfers automatically.
- If you are enrolled in the Federal Employee Vision & Dental Program (FEDVIP), you must contact BENEFEDS. Likewise, you must contact FSAFEDS to transfer your Flexible Spending Account and TSP to transfer your Thrift Savings account.
- The FAA has a centralized benefits hotline that you can call even before you arrive (identify yourself as a "new employee") with any FEHB, FEDVIP, FEGLI, TSP, Flexible Spending, Long-term Care, or Retirement Questions: 1-855-FAA-BENE.
- Your transit benefits may continue up to 30 days, but you should enroll at FAA (enrollment instructions will be provided at orientation or by your manager) immediately upon arrival to minimize interruptions.
- It will take at least three weeks to receive your first paycheck from FAA.
Learn more about FAA: