If you hold a valid (not expired) student pilot certificate, you may request a plastic certificate replacement. There are two ways to replace the certificate:
A new certificate number will be assigned with the replacement. The fee for a plastic certificate is $2.00.
- 14 CFR → Chapter 1 → Subchapter D → Part 61 → Subpart C–Student Pilots
- §61.81: Applicability
- §61.83: Eligibility requirements for student pilots
- §61.85: Application
- §61.87: Solo requirements for student pilots
- §61.89: General limitations
- §61.93: Solo cross-country flight requirements
- §61.94: Student pilot seeking a sport pilot certificate or a recreational pilot certificate: Operations at airports within, and in airspace located within, Class B, C, and D airspace, or at airports with an operational control tower in other airspace
- §61.95: Operations in Class B airspace and at airports located within Class B airspace.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our office.
If you need to apply for a student pilot certificate because your certificate is expired or you never held one, visit the IACRA portal and register as an “Applicant”.