Certificate Management Sections (formerly Manufacturing Inspection District Offices/MIDOs)
As a result of 2023 AIR Reorganization, Manufacturing Inspection District Offices (MIDOs) are now Certificate Management Sections.
Certificate Management Sections assist with:
- Production approval and certification (Manufacturing)
- Airworthiness Certification
- Manufacturing facilities' approval holder issues
- Manufacturing Designee oversight
- Support to Certification Branches during design approvals
Depending on your specific needs, you may want to contact one of the following offices involved in certification and oversight activities:
Integrated Certificate Management Division
Issues design approvals, performs system oversight and evaluates continued operational safety for commercial airplanes and engines.
International Validation Branch
Responsible for all inbound and outbound validation activity for aviation products and appliances.
Military Certification Office (MCO) Branch
Supports military commercial derivative aircraft (MCDA) activities on behalf of the U.S. Armed Services.