Status of Engagement: Completed Fall of 2017
The implementation Charlotte Metroplex effort is complete. Expected long-term benefits include improved efficiency, increased access to affected airports, and comprehensive improvements to operations. For more information on the Charlotte Metroplex, visit the links below.
- Charlotte Metroplex Environmental Assessment Site
- CLT Metroplex Phase III Update (PDF)
- Phase III Radar Tracks (PDF)
- CLT Metroplex Phase II Update (PDF)
- Phase II Radar Tracks (PDF)
Projected Annual Benefits
Source: FAA – Charlotte Metroplex Post-Implementation Analysis
- Value of Fuel Savings
- $12.1 Million
- Fuel Savings
- 4.2 Million Gallons
- Carbon Savings
- 36.0 Thousand Metric Tons
These annual benefits are based on the FAA analysis of airspace improvements compared to operations in a year before any improvements were made. The value of the projected fuel savings is based on a $2.85-per-gallon rate. The data estimates are current as of September 2017.