STEM Activities for Teachers and Students
The AvKids Program developed by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) developed a short course in aviation science for students in grades 2-5. This Aviation For Kids: A Mini Course includes activities about the four forces of flight and involve team work problem solving in geography, writing, and mathematics.
To view and download the activity, visit the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) website.
- K-12 Main Parts of an Airplane
- K-12 Wilbur and Orville Activity Book
- K-12 Wright Brothers Curriculum Guide
- Flying Ace Activities
- Downloadable activities from the National Air Traffic Controllers Association
- SmartSkies: LineUp with Math by NASA