- Contact the Aerospace Medical Certification Division
- How to obtain a Medical Certificate
- FAA MedXPress (online FAA Form 8500-8 application)
- Questions and Answers
- Request a Copy of Your Medical Certificate
- Locate an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME)
- Locate a HIMS (Human Intervention Motivation Study) AME: MS Word, PDF
HIMS AMEs are trained in evaluating airmen for substance- or alcohol-related conditions or other mental conditions. HIMS AMEs can provide sponsorship and monitoring for such conditions when required by the FAA for medical certification purposes.
Aviation Medical Examiners
- Aviation Medical Examiner Home Page
- Aerospace Medical Certification Subsystem (AMCS) Online Support
- Aviation Medical Examiner Training
- Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Bulletin
- Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
- Regional Flight Surgeon Contact Information
- When Your Pilots Use MedXPress...
Drug & Alcohol Program
Health & Fitness of Pilots
MedXPress Information for the Pilot
FAA MedXPress is a web application pilots must use to submit their certification applicant information (Items 1 through 20) of the FAA Form 8500-8. Pilots need only a valid email address to create a MedXPress account to use FAA MedXPress. MedXPress is designed to expedite the processing of a pilot's request for certification and shorten the pilot's office visit with the AME. MedXPress is located at https://medxpress.faa.gov/.