- Contact the Aerospace Medical Certification Division
- How to obtain a Medical Certificate
- FAA MedXPress (online FAA Form 8500-8 application)
- Questions and Answers
- Request a Copy of Your Medical Certificate
- Locate an AME
- Locate a HIMS (Human Intervention Motivation Study) AME: MS Word, PDF
HIMS AMEs are trained in evaluating airmen for substance- or alcohol-related conditions or other mental conditions. HIMS AMEs can provide sponsorship and monitoring for such conditions when required by the FAA for medical certification purposes.
Requesting Medical Records
To protect your identity and the release of the correct records, completion of the Medical Records Request Form (PDF) is required to release your medical records. Please mail or FAX your completed Request for Airman Medical Records form to:
Federal Aviation Administration
Aerospace Medical Certification Division / AAM-331
CAMI, Building 13
P.O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-9867
The FAX number is (405) 954-9326.
Aviation Medical Examiners
- Aviation Medical Examiner Home Page
- Aerospace Medical Certification Subsystem (AMCS) Online Support
- Aviation Medical Examiner Training
- Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Bulletin
- Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
- Regional Flight Surgeon Contact Information
- When Your Pilots Use MedXPress...
Drug & Alcohol Program
Health & Fitness of Pilots
MedXPress Information for the Pilot
FAA MedXPress is a web application pilots must use to submit their certification applicant information (Items 1 through 20) of the FAA Form 8500-8. Pilots need only a valid email address to create a MedXPress account to use FAA MedXPress. MedXPress is designed to expedite the processing of a pilot's request for certification and shorten the pilot's office visit with the AME. MedXPress is located at https://medxpress.faa.gov/.