Dry Ice Information Page
This dry ice information page is a collaborative effort between the Aerospace Medical Research Division (AAM-600) and the Aerospace Medical Education Division (AAM-400). This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
- SAFO 20017 Transportation of COVID-19 Vaccines Requiring Large Quantities of Dry Ice (PDF)
- Dry Ice - CO2 Fact Sheet for Cargo Handlers (PDF)
- Dry Ice - CO2 Fact Sheet for Pilots and Flight Crew (PDF)
- AC 91-76A with formula. Hazard Associated with Sublimation of Solid Carbon Dioxide (Dry Ice) Aboard Aircraft
- Sublimation Rate of Dry Ice Packaged in Commonly Used Quantities by the Air Cargo Industry (PDF). This Office of Aerospace Medicine Technical Report contains the source documentation for the sublimation rate of dry ice in small verus large quantities.