Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC) Development
Flight Instructor Refresher Courses (FIRC) help Flight Instructors stay abreast of changes in general aviation flight training. Guidance here provides information on FIRC development, implementation and presentation.
FAA is also compiling a list of FIRC providers for posting on this site. To submit your information, comments, please email.
AC 61-83, Nationally Scheduled Federal Aviation Administration Approved Industry - Conducted Flight Instructor Refresher Courses
Letters to FIRC Providers
Resources for FIRC Providers
- AC 61-98D
- CP Lesson and Lesson Outline (PDF)
- FITS documents (issued by FIRC providers to all FIRC attendees)
- FAA Safety Team (FAAST) Online Resources for FIRC providers
- FAAST Aviation Learning Center (additional training resources for FIRC providers)
- InFO 15012 (PDF), Logging Instrument Approach Procedures (IAP) for Uploading
- InFO 14010 (PDF), Installation, Training, and Use of Non-required/Supplemental Angle-of-Attack (AOA) Based Systems for General Aviation (GA) Airplanes
- Managing Risk Through Scenario Based Training, Single Pilot Resource Management, and Learner Centered Grading (PDF)