- Wesley L. Mooty
Acting Director, Office of Air Carrier Safety Assurance
- Hugh Thomas
Acting Deputy Director, Office of Air Carrier Safety Assurance
- Dennis Hill
Deputy Director, Office of Air Carrier Safety Assurance
The Office of Air Carrier Safety Assurance is comprised of divisions, which share responsibilities and balance the level of work identified below:
- Provides all certification and oversight activities for aviation entities conducting operations under, or integrally related to, 14 CFR Part 121.
- Ensures consistency and standardization in application of oversight activities, applies Risk-Based Decision Making (RBDM) for enhanced and focused utilization of certification and surveillance resources, and works across the Service to ensure stakeholder and public needs are proactively and expeditiously met.
- Investigates accidents, incidents, and possible violations of 14 CFR and ensures compliance of operators’ flight procedures, operating methods, airmen qualifications and proficiency, and aircraft maintenance conducted under, or integrally related to, 14 CFR Part 121.
Air Carrier Safety Assurance Leadership
- George Wadsworth, Division Manager
- Tom Hoover, Division Manager
- Steven Rogers, Acting Division Manager
- Tom Baird, Division Manager
- Michael Drew, Division Manager
- Andrew Ayers, Acting Division Manager
ACSA Division Oversight (PDF)