24/7 Emergency Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC) Request
Applies to Part 25 transport category aircraft and Part 33 Engines.
If you are an Air Carrier, all AMOC issues must first be coordinated through the CMO/FSDO managing your certificate.
CMO/FSDO managers contact any manager within the Aircraft Evaluation Division (AED) to standup a team to resolve the issue.
- Use the “FAA Employee Directory” and select “Show Advanced search”
- Enter “AED” into the Routing Code box. This will produce a list of all AED members.
- You may contact any manager to help assemble a team to address the emergency AMOC issue.
- Note: In general, the AED offices handling these requests are located in Seattle and Long Beach (Transport Aircraft) and Boston (Engines).
- If you are having trouble accessing the internal FAA Directory, you may call any of the Regional Operations Centers (ROC) for a full list of AED Managers or call Brent Bringle, (206) 231-3888, or James Kline, (206) 231-3772 directly.
- Current detailed AMOC guidance can be found in:
- Order 8900.1, Volume 3, Chapter 59, Section 4
- Order 8110.103, Appendix E
- AC 39-10