Aircraft Evaluation Division shares responsibilities and balance the level of work between:
- Transport Aircraft Seattle Aircraft Evaluation Group (AEG)
- Transport Aircraft Long Beach Aircraft Evaluation Group (AEG)
- Small Aircraft Evaluation Group (AEG)
- Rotorcraft & Powered Lift Evaluation Group (AEG)
- Propulsion and APU Aircraft Evaluation Group (AEG)
24/7 Emergency Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC) Request
Applies to Part 25 transport category aircraft and Part 33 Engines
If you are an Air Carrier, all AMOC issues must first be coordinated through the CMO/FSDO managing your certificate.
CMO/FSDO managers contact any AEG (Aircraft Evaluation Group) manager to standup a team to resolve the issue.
- Search “AEG Manager” in the internal FAA Directory for a mobile contact number. In general, the AEG offices handling these requests are located in Seattle, Long Beach and Boston (Engines).
- If you are having trouble accessing the internal FAA Directory, you may call any of the Regional Operations Centers (ROC) for a full list of AEG Managers or call Brent Bringle, (206) 231-3888, or Tom Matzen, (206) 231-3905 directly.
- Current detailed AMOC guidance can be found in:
- Order 8900.1, Volume 3, Chapter 59, Section 4
- Order 8110.103, Appendix E
- AC 39-10