The Aircraft Evaluation Division (AED) assists and coordinates with aircraft manufacturers, operators and other Flight Standards Offices with product-specific Continued Operational Safety (COS) issues. We are available 24/7 to support COS.
Our goal is to ensure Aircraft Certification Service (AIR) and Flight Standards Service (AFX) are mutually-informed of product-specific continued operational safety issues and information.
Air Carriers: It is preferred you work through your CMO/FSDO first. Regardless, the AED stands ready and available 24/7 to facilitate your emergency needs. The following people will take your call.
- Bob Nantz, (253) 683-0620
- Dan Skoglund, (253) 225-4042
- Tom Matzen, (312) 972-7614
If you need an Emergency Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC) for a Part 25 transport category aircraft or Part 33 Engine, current detailed AMOC guidance can be found in:
- Order 8900.1, Volume 3, Chapter 59, Section 3
- Order 8110.103, Appendix E
- AC 39-10
General Aviation: It is preferred you work through your CMO/FSDO first. Regardless, the AED stands ready and available 24/7 to facilitate your emergency needs. The following people will take your call.
- John Posey: 502-741-2744
- Lloyd Lewis: 469-216-5625
- Wayne Cummings: 540-383-1246
- AED Duties and Responsibilities (PDF)
- Flight Standardization Board (FSB)
- Aircraft Evaluation Division Employee Directory (PDF)
- ODA Assignment List (PDF)
- AED Fleet Contact List (PDF)
- Stakeholder Feedback Form