Implementation & Integration Group, Technical Programs Section
Part 205 Insurance and Part 298 Exemptions
The Technical Programs Section is responsible for processing insurance endorsements (OST Forms 6410 and 6411) in accordance with Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 205–Aircraft Accident Liability Insurance certification, and air taxi operator registration and amendments (OST Form 4507) in accordance with Part 298–Exemptions for Air Taxi and Commuter Air Carrier Operations.
Part 298 Subpart B Exemptions for Air Taxi and Commuter Air Carrier Operations
- OST Form 4507 (PDF): Air Taxi Operator Registration and Amendments.
Part 205 Policies of Insurance for Aircraft Accident Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
- OST Form 6410 (PDF): US Air Carriers Certificate of Insurance.
- OST Form 6411 (PDF): Foreign Air Carriers Certificate of Insurance.
- OST Notice to Airlines and Companies Writing Aviation Insurance Policies (PDF)
- InFO 20006 (PDF): Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) Part 205, Aircraft Accident Liability Insurance Requirements for U.S. and Foreign Air Carriers
Please ensure to complete all required information when filing forms. Air taxi operator Initial registrations ONLY must be accompanied by an $8 filing fee. Please consult with the FAA Air Transportation Division at the email address below before submitting an initial registration. Air taxi amendments do NOT require a filing fee. When signing forms electronically, please do NOT check Lock Document After Signing. It will delay processing.
Direct any questions and file forms electronically with the FAA Air Transportation Division via email:
- AFS-260-Insurance@faa.gov **PREFERRED**
- Fax to: (202) 267-5229
- Mail to: Federal Aviation Administration
Air Transportation Division, Room 831
800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20591
On Demand handbook: How to Become an On-Demand Air Carrier Operator
- On-Demand Handbook (PDF) How to Become an On-Demand Air Carrier Operator.