The Technical Programs Branch is responsible for processing insurance endorsements (OST Forms 6410 and 6411) in accordance with of Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 205 — Aircraft Accident Liability Insurance certification and air taxi operator registration and amendments (OST Form 4507) in accordance with Part 298 —Exemptions for Air Taxi and Commuter Air Carrier Operations.
Part 298 Subpart B Exemptions for Air Taxi and Commuter Air Carrier Operations
- OST Form 4507 (PDF): Air Taxi Operator Registration and Amendments. *** UPDATED 8-31-2019 ***
Part 205 Policies of Insurance for Aircraft Accident Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
- OST Form 6410 (PDF): US Air Carriers Certificate of Insurance.
- OST Form 6411 (PDF): Foreign Air Carriers Certificate of Insurance.
- OST Notice to Airlines and Companies Writing Aviation Insurance Policies (PDF)
Please refer to the Filing Instructions on each of the forms for the addressee. Initial registrations must be mailed along with the filing fee. For other than initial registrations, forms filed with the FAA, Air Transportation Division, may be completed electronically and sent via email to:
- AFS-260-Insurance@faa.gov **PREFERRED**
- Fax to: (202) 267-5229
- Mail to: Federal Aviation Administration
Air Transportation Division, Room 831
800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20591
On Demand handbook: How to Become an On-Demand Air Carrier Operator
- On-Demand Handbook (PDF) How to Become an On-Demand Air Carrier Operator.