Focal for incoming FAA and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) safety recommendations; technical liaison to the Aircraft Certification Service (AIR); Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUP) Program, the Aircraft Evaluation Division (AED) Managers; Supports Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) initiatives.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the development of regulations and national guidance in this area of responsibility.
- Focal for incoming FAA and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) safety recommendations.
- Technical liaison to the Aircraft Certification Service (AIR).
- Focal for the Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUP) Program, including policy and coordination with AIR.
- Division liaison to the International Programs Division.
- Headquarters (HQ) liaison to the Aircraft Evaluation Division (AED) managers.
- Provide technical assistance and support for Corrosion Prevention and Control Programs (CPCP) structural maintenance programs.
- Lead the Maintenance and Inspection (M&I) Technical Community Resource Group (TCRG) research initiatives.
- Support Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) initiatives as airworthiness, maintenance, and inspection subject matter experts (SME) and as the related Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 43 Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR).
Federal Aviation Administration Headquarters
Airmen & Special Projects Branch,
5th Floor, 950 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W.
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 267-1675
Fax: (202) 267-1813