Focal for developing regulations and standardizing national guidance on maintenance for Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) parts 91 subpart K (91K), 119, 121, 125, 129, 135, and 136; focal for the Operations Specifications Working Groups (OSWG), human factors, ICAO, Maintenance Review Board Policy Board; Technical assistance Extended Ops, Continuous airworthiness, Joint Implementation Measurement and Data Analysis; Service Difficulty Reporting:
- Sponsor and provide oversight of safety and educational programs related to its area of specialization for aging aircraft rulemaking projects.
- Develop regulations and standardize national guidance on maintenance for 14 CFR parts 91 subpart K (91K), 119, 121, 125, 129, 135, and 136.
- Evaluate and respond to petitions for exemption and rulemaking for parts 91K, 119, 121, 125, 129, 135, and 136, as related to branch functions.
- Provide technical assistance to other FAA elements, other government agencies, industry, and Foreign Civil Aviation Authorities (FCAA) on all operational and technical facets of air carrier maintenance.
- Sponsor and provide oversight of safety and educational programs related to its area of specialization for air carrier aircraft, including determining the criteria for maintenance training for Aviation Safety Inspectors (ASI).
- Represent Aircraft Maintenance Division in the development of international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARP) for the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Responsible for policy relating to the Service Difficulty Reporting (SDR) and Mechanical Interruption Summary (MIS) reporting, as related to parts 119, 121, 125, and 135 carriers.
- Aircraft Maintenance Division focal for:
- Operations Specifications Working Groups (OSWG).
- Human factors in aviation maintenance.
- FAA Maintenance Review Board Policy Board (MRBPB) and International Maintenance Review Board Policy Board (IMRBPB) focal for the AEG.
- Coordinating Agency for Supplier Evaluation (C.A.S.E.).
- Safety Assurance System (SAS) Implementation.
- Compliance Philosophy.
- Flight Standards Service-Aircraft Certification Outreach Team.
- Air Carrier Maintenance Voluntary Safety Reporting Programs (ASAP/VDRP) Act as Aircraft Maintenance Division focal point for Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS).
- Represent Aircraft Maintenance Division in developing and encouraging implementation of safety enhancements for air carriers in regards to aircraft maintenance at Joint Implementation Measurement and Data Analysis Team (JIMDAT) and Commercial Aviation Safety Team (CAST) meetings.
- Provide technical assistance and support for Extended Operations (ETOPS).
- Provide technical assistance and support for the air carrier Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP).
Federal Aviation Administration Headquarters
Commercial Aviation Branch,
5th Floor, 950 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W.
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 267-1675
Fax: (202) 267-1813