Flight Standards Safety Management System (SMS) Program Office
The Flight Standards Service SMS Program Office:
- Provides policy and guidance on Flight Standards Service external SMS requirements and interfaces
- Provides support to the Flight Standards Service Director, Deputy Director, and Flight Standards Leadership Board (FSLB) in execution of the Flight Standards Service SMS doctrine
- Interfaces with the AVS SMS Working Group
- Is responsible for SMS concept development, in accordance with AVS SMS doctrine and standards
- Is responsible for SMS standardization and development of training requirements.
The office provides direction, guidance, and coordination with points of contact in headquarters and field divisions in development of SMS policies, procedures, and work instructions, in accordance with the AVS Quality Management System (QMS). More »
For additional questions and support, contact the Federal Aviation Administration, Office of Safety Standards, SMS Program Office: 9-NATL-SMS-ProgramOffice@faa.gov.
Last updated: Monday, May 09, 2022