The Aeronautical Information Service's (AIS) Airport Mapping team creates and publishes the FAA Chart Supplements.
For information needed on the process to update or add a Notice, please note the following stipulations:
- Finalized verbiage must be submitted for publishing. AIS does not compose, review or edit the substance of Chart Supplement Notices.
- The ownership/contact information collected via the submission may be included as a footnote across the bottom of certain Notices.
- AIS will not be the point of contact for questions by any Chart Supplement user requesting clarification of the information contained in the notice.
- The source for chart specific/aeronautical navigation based notices must be approved by an FAA official from either an ATC facility, FSS, or another FAA office willing to maintain responsibility.
- The submitting facility is responsible for maintaining the correctness and currency of the information contained in the notice.
- AIS claims no ownership or review responsibility after publication.
- AIS will not monitor or review to ensure any frequencies, phone numbers, addresses, facilities, and/or other data that are included are current or correct.
- Subsequent changes/revisions to related aeronautical information appearing elsewhere in the Chart Supplement will not automatically revise a special notice. For example, a frequency change occurring elsewhere in the Chart Supplement will not revise the Notice, nor are Notices cross-checked for such revisions.
- Upon receiving a submission, it will be submitted to management for approval. Requestor will be notified about final resolution.
The finalized notice must be submitted as a print-ready file, preferably as a PDF. This file should be attached and submitted using the Aeronautical Chart Change Form via the Aeronautical Information Portal website.