Smart. Secure. Shareable. Aviation Information.
Purpose: Air Transportation Information Exchange Conference (ATIEC) provides a forum to discuss and exchange concepts and practices related to major global changes in information management focusing on information in operation, information services, information exchanges and information security. Informational and technical presentations from key participants, across various industries, will provide opportunities for NextGen and SESAR air transportation information management experts to learn and explore alternative practices within the aviation environment as well as global programs and initiatives.
ATIEC 2021 was held virtually from September 13-16. The conference convened attendees from over 50 countries to learn from experts about the following topics:
- SWIM information services: from planning to deployment
- Cyber security and building trust
- Data exchange standardization
- Advanced Analytics
Air Transportation Information Exchange Conference (ATIEC)
The global ATM operation is expanding and continues to drive an integrated environment to support the current and future aviation industry. Advancements in technology are leading to a more information-rich environment. Information is one of the essential aspects of what makes the air transportation system work and it will be increasingly important in a (connected) network environment as envisaged by the SWIM concept. The global improvements in information management support the integration of the ATM network critical to providing a safe and efficient global ATM operation.
The scope and scale of ATM require a partnership to manage the different aspects of information as a global commodity, focusing on best practices that can be applied to the exchange, delivery, and discovery of global ATM information. ATM operations benefit from up-to-date information for better planning, procedure updates, and creation of protocols to handle predictable challenges and adapt to the unknown. This will allow for the creation of a safer and more efficient ATM environment. This is enabled by fast, accessible and secured information management capabilities that allow decision makers to proactively tackle problems before they arise. The quality of information is also the quintessential underpinning of both global ATM operational excellence and business intelligence.
- Information exchange and integration
- Trust and security
- Data standardization and exchange models
- Advanced analytics and data driven decision making
Registration for ATIEC 2021 is now closed. Please check this site for details about the next ATIEC.
Visitor information to follow.
Agenda information to follow.
- Opening Remarks (PDF)
- Keynote: Information in Operations (PDF)
- Retrieving the Ops Need for MET Information (PDF)
- Digitalization of Flight Information Exchange Work Flow (PDF)
- Discussion of the Use of Flight Information Data for Post-Ops Big Data (PDF)
- Keynote: Information Services (PDF)
- Digital Data Services in the ICAO/AIS Content (PDF)
- FF-ICE/R2 Focusing on Services (PDF)
- SWIM Cloud Distribution Services (SCDS) (PDF)
- Amazon Services (AWS) - Blockchain Services (PDF)
- Keynote: Information Exchanges (PDF)
- OGC - Standard Development (PDF)
- UTM/ATM Integration - Challenges and Lessons Learned From U-Space GUF Project (PDF)
- GUTMA Working Group to Synchronize Between Cellular and Aviation (PDF)
- AIRM Status Update (PDF)
- Data Exchange in Surface Transportation (PDF)
- Keynote: Enabling GRAIN (PDF)
- FAA's NOTAM Modernization Initiative (PDF)
- An Introduction to ATT & CK (PDF)
- Information Management and AI (PDF)
- AIXM Implementation and Evolution-Porosnicu (PDF)
- Analytics for Better Decision Making Using SWIM (PDF)
- ASEAN-APAC SWIM Planning Status (PDF)
- ATC Speech Rec MITRE 2021-09-16 (PDF)
- BEST Semantics SWIM (PDF)
- Digital Identity in Intl Civil Aviation MG (PDF)
- EACP (PDF)
- FIXM Update 1.1 (PDF)
- IMP (PDF)
- PPT Nadine Alameh OGC (PDF)
- SWIM at a Global Level odfm Clean (PDF)