Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
Decision Considerations Disease Protocols – Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), formerly called Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), and medications used for treatment may result in cognitive deficits that pose a risk to aviation safety.
For individuals who have a history of ADHD or use of ADHD medications*, there are two possible evaluation paths: Fast Track and Standard Track. For information on the different tracks, any required testing, and specific documentation needed, see the links below.
*Note: The requirements also apply if diagnosed with or took medication to treat Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Disposition Table - Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and/or use of ADHD Medications
- ADHD Pathway Chart
- ADHD Document Checklist
- ADHD Personal Statement Guidelines
- Fast Track - General Information for the Psychologist or Neuropsychologist
- Fast Track - FAA ADHD Summary
- Fast Track – FAA ADHD General Information
- Fast Track – FAA ADHD Report Requirements