The Greater Chicago FSDO is open Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays) from 07:30am to 4:00pm. Appointments are available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- The links below may be helpful for UAS, Remote Pilot Certificate questions and UAS registration
- The Basic Med for GA Pilots effective May 1, 2017. You can fly without an FAA Medical IF you meet Basic Med Requirements. For more information, go to the link below:
- By January 1, 2020, you must be equipped with ADS-B Out to fly in . Federal Regulations 14 CFR 91.225 and 14 CFR 91.227 contain the details.
- Not Yet Equipped?
Under §91.225(g), for the operation of aircraft that are not equipped with ADS-B Out equipment, the operator must make the request for an authorized deviation at least 1 hour before the proposed operation to the ATC facility with jurisdiction over the airspace. (See below link for more information)
Statement of Policy for Authorizations to Operators of Aircraft That are Not Equipped With Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) Out Equipment
Mechanic, Parachute Rigger, and Dispatcher Certifications
- Beginning January 13, 2020, all applications must establish an FAA Tracking Number (FTN) within IACRA before takng any FAA airman knowledge tests.
Local FSDO Highlights
- Accident & Incident Data
- Airworthiness Certification
- Field Approvals
- Safety Alerts (AD, SAIB, SDR, & More)
- Technical Information (TCDS, TSO, STC, PMA, MMEL)