Office Hours/Contact Us
12650 N. Featherwood Drive
Houston, Texas 77034-4411
Phone: (281) 929-7000 or (888) 285-2127
Fax: (281) 929-7059
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
Office visits by appointment only
All visits to the office are by appointment only.
Please contact the HOU FSDO main telephone number.
- Maintenance appointments are scheduled on Tuesdays
- Operations appointments are scheduled on Thursdays only for the following:
- Name Changes
- Nationality Changes
- Gender Changes
- CFI Renewals based on "Duties and Responsibilities"
Contact DPEs for the following:
- Foreign Pilots, Military Competencies, and CFI Renewals
- Verification of Authenticity of a Foreign License/Medical (FAA Letter of Authenticity)
- SIC type rating applications
- SOE restriction removals
- Restricted ATP limitation removal
- Student pilot certificates (seeking Private or Sport privileges)
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument)
To locate a DPE, an airman can visit the FAA Designee Locator
The New Small UAS Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules, is in effect as of 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 29, 2016.
The Houston FSDO is not accepting appointments at this time for Remote Pilot Certificates.