ALL VISITS TO THE OFFICE ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please contact the HOU FSDO Main Telephone Number
- Maintenance appointments are scheduled on Tuesday’s
- Operations appointments are scheduled on Thursday’s only for the following:
- Name Changes
- Nationality Changes
- Gender Changes
- CFI Renewals based on "Duties and Responsibilities"
Contact DPEs for the following:
- Foreign Pilots, Military Competencies, and CFI Renewals
- Verification of Authenticity of a Foreign License/Medical (FAA Letter of Authenticity)
- SIC type rating applications
- SOE restriction removals
- Restricted ATP limitation removal
- Student pilot certificates (seeking Private or Sport privileges)
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument)
To locate a DPE, an airman can visit the FAA Designee Locator Site
The NEW Small UAS Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules, is in effect as of 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 29, 2016.
Note: The Houston FSDO is NOT accepting appointments at this time for Remote Pilot Certificates.
- The following link may be helpful for UAS and Remote Pilot Certificate questions.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Local FSDO Highlights
- Accident & Incident Data
- Airworthiness Certification
- Field Approvals
- Safety Alerts (AD, SAIB, SDR, & More)
- Technical Information (TCDS, TSO, STC, PMA, MMEL)