- Indianapolis FSDO Service Area Map (PDF)
- Other Indiana County Service Areas (PDF)
- Office Hours/Contact the Office
- Indianapolis FSDO Employee Directory (PDF)
- Republic CMT Employee Directory (PDF)
To schedule appointments 24-hours in advance, please call (317) 837-4400 to leave a voicemail, or submit requests via email. We monitor this system continuously, and we will promptly return your call or email.
- When scheduling an appointment with the Indianapolis FSDO, please review FAA Guidance before visiting. You can use the link below to prepare prior to your arrival.
- FAA Order 8900.1
- IACRA – Integrated Airmen Certification and Rating Application
- The Indianapolis FSDO supports and highly encourages the public’s use of IACRA. IACRA can expedite the process of most certificate issuances in conjunction with your appointment at our office. For instructions, frequently asked questions, or additional help, please use the main IACRA link shown above.
- Until further notice, the Indianapolis Flight Standards Office is NOT accepting appointments for the following Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) functions:
- Remote Pilot Certificates
- Foreign Pilots
- Verification of Authenticity of a Foreign License/Medical (FAA Letter of Authenticity)
- CFI Renewals
- Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign Certificate
- Military Competency
- SIC Type Rating Applications
- SOE restriction removals
- Restricted ATP limitation removal
- Student pilot certificates (seeking Private or Sport privileges)
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument)
- To locate a DPE, visit the following website and select GL11 or any other office location:FAA Designee Locator Site
- Equip ADS-B Starting January 1, 2020, you must be equipped with ADS-B Out to fly in most controlled airspace. Federal Regulations 14 CFR 91.225 and 14 CFR 91.227 contains the details.
- Frequently Requested Topics
The NEW Small UAS Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules, is in effect as of 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 29, 2016.
- The following link may be helpful for UAS and Remote Pilot Certificate questions.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Local FSDO Highlights
- Accident & Incident Data
- Airworthiness Certification
- Field Approvals
- Safety Alerts (AD, SAIB, SDR, & More)
- Technical Information (TCDS, TSO, STC, PMA, MMEL)