The Milwaukee FSDO is open Monday through Friday (excluding federal holidays) from 07:30am to 4:00pm. Appointments Requested for Office Visits.
Note: The Milwaukee FSDO is NOT accepting appointments at this time for the following services. Please read all notes and exceptions and contact a Milwaukee FSDO Designated Pilot Examiners (DPE).
- Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign Certificate
- Military Competency
- SIC type rating applications
- SOE restriction removals
- Restricted ATP limitation removal
- Student pilot certificates
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument)
- Remote Pilot Certificates (See Unmanned Aerial Systems below)
- CFI Renewals
- Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC)
- Wings Program Courses
NOTE: The Integrated Airmen Certification and Rating Application (IACRA) must be utilized for the above services when available. A help manual is provided on the IACRA website.
EXCEPTIONS to this policy: Applicants must make an appointment with the MKE FSDO for the following services requiring FAA Inspector Physical review:
- CFI Renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities: The following are examples of renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities:
- 135/121 Company Check Airmen
- 141 Chief/Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- The NEW Small UAS Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules, is in effect as of 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 29, 2016.
- The Basic Med for GA Pilots effective May 1, 2017. You can fly without an FAA Medical IF you meet Basic Med Requirements. For more information, go to the link below:
- List of All FAA Designated Examiners/Designated Mechanic Examiners/ Designees with Inspection Authorization
- List of Pilot Schools by State (Filter the State search to Wisconsin)
- List of Maintenance Schools by State (Filter the State search to Wisconsin)
- PSI Services Knowledge Testing Centers
Local FSDO Highlights
Inspection Authorizations (IAs)
The 2021 IA Renewal Maintenance Seminar is being moved virtually. This will be held in conjunction with the Minneapolis FSDO, Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Bureau of Aeronautics, and the Minneapolis Department of Transportation (MNDOT) Aeronautics Office. The free, live, online webinars will be provided through FAA Safety Team (FAASTeam). For more information please view the documents provided below or the FAA Safety Team link.
- IA Letter to all Mechanics (PDF)
- IA PBR Written Notification to Airman (PDF)
- Form FAA 8610-1 Mechanic’s Application for Inspection Authorization
- FAA Safety Team (FAASTeam)
- Accident & Incident Data
- Airworthiness Certification
- Field Approvals
- Safety Alerts (AD, SAIB, SDR, & More)
- Technical Information (TCDS, TSO, STC, PMA, MMEL)