Office Hours/Contact Us
The office is in the process of moving to a new physical location therefore the phone system is down. We are working to establish a new number, however, should you need to reach us, please use our office email link below.
6001 Shellmound Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
Phone: (510) 227-9940
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday–Friday
Office hours by appointment only.
61.75 Private Pilot certificate issued on the basis of a foreign pilot license.
Foreign applicants who require a visit to the Oakland Flight Standards District Office or are applying for issuance or replacement of an airman certificate in accordance with 14 CFR 61.75 must contact the Oakland Office at (510) 748-0122 or you may send an electronic message to 7-AWP-OAK-FSDO@faa.gov upon receipt of the Verification of Authenticity to schedule an appointment with an Inspector. Due to enhanced security procedures, do not anticipate an appointment earlier than two weeks after this initial contact.
Documents required at the FSDO level for the issuance of a US Based on Foreign License:
- Original Verification of Authenticity Letter
- Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application (FAA Form 8710-1)
- Current and valid Foreign Pilot license at the private pilot level or higher with
- current ratings
- Current Third Class Medical issued under Part 67 or a medical license issued by
- the country that issued the applicants foreign pilot license
- English Proficiency on Foreign License (with at least a level 4 proficiency/ability
- to read, speak, write and understand the English language)
- Official current PASSPORT (with complete legal name)