What constitutes a violation of the FAA's drug and alcohol testing regulation?
You have violated the FAA's drug and alcohol testing regulation (14 CFR part 120) if you have:
- A verified positive result on a drug test;
- Misused alcohol in any of the following situations:
- An alcohol test resulting in an alcohol concentration of 0.04 or greater;
- Used alcohol while on-duty;
- Used alcohol pre-duty (8 hours prior to duty for a pilot, flight attendant, or air traffic controller; or 4 hours prior to duty for all other employee categories);
- Used alcohol within 8 hours following an accident.
- A refusal to submit to required testing