The Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approval is an innovative process for obtaining or amending up to ten commonly requested Part 91 Letters of Authorization (LOAs) when purchasing a new aircraft directly from the aircraft manufacturer. Aircraft manufacturers, training providers, manual vendors, and FAA policy experts collaborate to streamline the operational approval process for the operator and inspector.
The Streamline Part 91 Operational Approval process is currently in Beta test and should be available for applicants sometime in early 2022. If you would like to participate in further Beta testing, or the initial operating capability (IOC), please contact the Flight Technologies and Procedures Division focal point.
LOA Streamline Application Process Overview — Coming Soon!!
LOAs Available in the Streamline Application
|A056||Data Link Communications|
|B036||Oceanic and Remote Continental Navigation Using Multiple Long-Range Navigation Systems (M-LRNS) Authorization|
|B039||Operations in North Atlantic High Level Airspace (NAT HLA)|
|B046||Operations in Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) Airspace|
|B054||Oceanic RNP 10 Operations Using A Single Long-Range Navigation System|
|C048||Enhanced Flight Vision System (EFVS) Operations|
|C052||Straight-in Non-Precision Approach Procedure with Vertical Guidance (APV), and Category I Precision Approach and Landing Minima — All Airports|
|C063||Area Navigation (RNAV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) Terminal Operations|
|C073||Vertical Navigation (VNAV) Instrument Approach Procedures (IAP) Using Minimum Descent Altitude (MDA) as a Decision Altitude (DA) / Decision Height (DH)|
|D095||MMEL Used as an MEL|
Three Main Documents of the Streamlined Process
The following documents form the foundation of this streamlined process:
- Aircraft Statement of Capability (ASOC): A document provided by the aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) that facilitates verification the systems installed on your new aircraft are eligible for the applicable LOAs in this process.
- Training Statement of Compliance (TSOC): A document provided by the company contracted by the operator for training that facilitates verification the pilot training course or curriculum contains the content necessary for authorizing applicable LOAs in this process.
- Procedural Statement of Compliance (PSOC): A document provided by the company contracted by the operator for procedural publication services that facilitates verification manuals or procedures used by the operator contain the content necessary for authorizing the applicable LOAs in this process.
The guides below are critical components of the Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approval process and facilitate a formal request for obtaining FAA acceptance of an ASOC, TSOC, or PSOC. The guides can be used by aircraft manufacturers, training providers, and procedures vendors who want to obtain an FAA accepted ASOC, TSOC, or PSOC and participate in the Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approvals process.
|Aircraft Statement of Capability (ASOC) Guide (PDF)||1.0|
|Training Statement of Compliance (TSOC) Guide (PDF)||1.0|
|Procedures Statement of Compliance (PSOC) Guide (PDF)||1.0|
The Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approval process is available for applicants:
- Operating under 14 CFR Part 91;
- Requesting LOAs or amendments to LOAs for an aircraft delivered directly from the aircraft manufacturer (OEM) and having no previous owners or modifications to equipment affecting the aircraft capabilities related to the LOAs since production;
- Requesting any, or all, of the LOAs listed in the "LOAs available in the Streamline Application" table above; and
- Using the Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approval Application Guide (PDF)
Note: Modifications not related to aircraft capabilities applicable to the authorizations in the application are acceptable.
Note: The guide compliments the inspector guidance and facilitates the streamlining process.
|Streamlined Part 91 Operational Approval Application Guide (PDF)||1.1|
|Contact List for Statement of Compliance/Capability (PDF)||1.0|
Contact the Flight Technologies and Procedures Division's focal point (listed below) for assistance with the Streamlined Part 91 Streamlined Operational Approval process.
EFVS Focal Point: Scott McLellan
Phone: (202) 267-4363