Local FSDO Highlights
- The Wichita Flight Standards District Office encourages applicants for any of the following actions to contact a Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) whenever possible.
- CFI Initial and Renewals (see note below for exception)
- Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign Certificate
- Military Competency
- Remote Pilot Certificates
- SIC Type Rating Applications
- SOE restriction removals
- Restricted ATP limitation removal
- Student pilot certificates (seeking Private or Sport privileges)
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument)
- To locate a Wichita area DPE, visit Designee Locator and select CE07 for the FAA Office.
- IACRA - Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application
- The Wichita FSDO supports and highly encourages the public's use of IACRA. IACRA can expedite the process of most certificate issuances in conjunction with DPE or local office actions. For instructions, frequently asked questions, or additional help, please use the main IACRA link above.
- Complete listing of certificates that can be handled using IACRA.
- IACRA Registration Instructions
- When electing to visit the Wichita FSDO, please review FAA Guidance before visiting. You can use the link below to prepare prior to your arrival.
- FAA Guidance is found in FAA Order 8900.1
- Below are frequently requested actions. Many of these actions can also be accomplished with local Designated Examiners. Designee Locator
- Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign License
- Canada Pilot Conversion Procedures: FAA AC No: 61-135a
- Verification of Authenticity of a Foreign License/Medical (FAA Letter of Authenticity)
- Change Name / Gender / Date of Birth
- Change Nationality / Citizenship
- Airframe / Powerplant Authorization
- Inspection Authorization (IA):
- CFI Renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities (see recent changes noted in 8900.1). The following are examples of renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities:
- 135/121 Company Check Airmen
- 141 Chief/Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
- Add a Gold Seal to Flight Instructor Certificate
- Removal of English Language Limitation
- Airmen Change to Personal Data – Change of name, Change of nationality, Change of gender and Change in date of birth.
- Airworthiness Certification
- The Wichita FSDO encourages the use of Designated Airworthiness Representatives for airworthiness certification. DAR Locator.
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- The Small UAS Rule (Part 107), including all pilot and operating rules, is in effect as of 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 29, 2016.
- Additional Resources
NOTE: Applicants must visit with the Wichita FSDO for the following services that require FAA Inspector in person review:
NOTE: Select DAR-T and then United States prior to selecting Kansas.
- Accident & Incident Data
- Airworthiness Certification
- Field Approvals
- Safety Alerts (AD, SAIB, SDR, & More)
- Technical Information (TCDS, TSO, STC, PMA, MMEL)
- Light Sport
- Airmen Practical Test Standards (PTS)
- Reexamination of A&P Certificate Holders from St. George Aviation