- Aviation Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Plan (June 2015) (PDF)
- Aviation Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Plan (June 2012) (PDF)
- Aviation Environmental and Energy Policy Statement (July 2012) (PDF)
- The FAA Community Involvement Manual (PDF) reaffirms our commitment to give the public an opportunity to be informed, become involved, and have their concerns and views considered and provides guidance for FAA employees who are involved in planning, conducting, or approving aviation actions that may raise concerns within a community.
- Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT) replaces all legacy environmental modeling tools previously required for predicting noise, fuel burn, and emissions of FAA actions. The requirement to use AEDT extends to all applicable environmental modeling conducted for FAA actions under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), as well as other FAA approved studies, such as those under Part 150 or Part 161.
FAA considers the impact of its actions on the environment through coordinated environmental review under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the National Historic Preservation Act and other federal laws.
- Order 1050.1F Environmental Impacts: Policies and Procedures outlines how FAA implements NEPA and related federal laws.
- The 1050.1F Desk Reference provides additional guidance for environmental impact analysis performed to comply with NEPA. The Desk Reference is designed to be used in conjunction with Order 1050.1F.
Additional Guidance and Memoranda
- Use and Documentation of Categorical Exclusions (September 2019) (PDF)
- Guidance on Noise Screening Assessments (June 2018) (PDF)
- Consolidated Guidance for Implementation of the Categorical Exclusion in Section 213(c)(1) of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 (June 2018) (PDF)
- Section 106 Handbook: How to Assess the Effects of FAA Actions on Historic Properties under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (June 2015) (PDF)
- Approval of Aerobatic Practice Area (APA) noise equivalent methodology (November 2012) (PDF)