Each year, approximately 4,000 aviation professionals participate in the International Visitors Program (IVP). Whether touring headquarters, or other FAA facilities throughout the United States, the focus of the IVP is on advancing international cooperation in the research, development, and acquisition of aviation system and technologies that enhance aviation safety.
Through the IVP, we are able to build and foster stronger relationships with civil aviation counterparts and provide foreign visitors with the opportunity to improve their knowledge of agency programs and technologies.
Arranging a Visit
- If an individual wishes to visit an FAA Office/Facility, the intended visitor must contact an FAA sponsor to coordinate their visit. The sponsor may be an FAA employee the visitor is already working with, or a country/area-specific employee listed in the FAA API Desk Officers and Senior Representatives.
- Prior to submitting an IVP request, the sponsor (an FAA employee) must contact the appropriate staff in the FAA Office of International Affairs (API) for situational awareness, potential concerns, and assistance with planning any visit by a foreign national to an FAA facility.
- View a listing of FAA API Desk Officers and Senior Representatives by country/area.
- The sponsor must submit a request on behalf of a foreign national planning a visit to an FAA facility.
- Requests must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days in advance of the visit for security to process. Be advised that at times we do experience a backlog of visit requests; therefore, we recommend forms are submitted as far in advance as possible to ensure an approval is received in time for the visit.
- NOTE: Requests submitted to the system with less than 10 days before the visit cannot be approved by security and are subject to Facility Manager approval without the benefit of identity validation.
For more information on arranging a visit, please contact the API IVP Coordinator, Ta'Shima Oliphant, APX-10, at 202-267-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Alternate contact: Kadie Bangura, API-1a, 202-267-1000 or email@example.com)
Last updated: Friday, September 29, 2023