The Flight Technologies and Procedures Division’s mission is to improve flight operations, standardization, and aviation safety within U.S. and international airspace systems in support of the FAA’s plans for the NextGen through regulations, standards, and policy at the intersection of flight operations, aircraft, airspace, airports, and flight procedures. This mission is fulfilled through the work of four functional Groups:
- Flight Operations Group
- Develop safe CNS and air traffic management operations using existing and emerging technologies and innovative operational concepts.
- Flight Procedures and Airspace Group
- Ensure safe and efficient flight paths from takeoff to landing and provide operational safety reviews and support to the NAS.
- Flight Research and Analysis Group
- Conduct globally-recognized research for aviation safety on existing and emerging flight technologies and operational concepts.
- Organizational Effectiveness Group
- To ensure consistency, interdependence, critical thinking, and agility across the Division through implementation of SMS, SAS, QMS, professional development, and communications.
Division Contact Information
- Division Contacts and Specialties
- Correspondence/Document Control Email
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS)
- ICAO Regional Offices
- Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA)
- Aeronautical Charting Meeting - Instrument Procedures Group (ACM-IPG)
- Performance Based Operations Aviation Rulemaking Committee (PARC)
- U.S. Instrument Flight Procedure Panel (US-IFPP) (Limited Access)
Federal Aviation Administration
Flight Technologies and Procedures Division
470 L'Enfant Plaza, Suite 4102
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 267-8790
Fax: (202) 267-8791