Physician Application Guidance
Ready to apply to become an FAA Physician? Before you get started on your application, take some time to review these helpful hints!
What you must include on your resume:
- Job title (include series and grade if federal)
- Duties (detailed description of duties-this should include what you did, how you did it, and the outcome)
- Employer's name and address
- Supervisor's name and phone number
- Start and end dates, including the month and year for each employment history
- Number of work hours per week for each employment history
- Include all applicable experience in your resume
All applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- College or University Transcripts
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. You must also submit a copy of transcripts.
- Foreign education must be evaluated by a private professional organization specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials or an accredited U.S. education institution in terms of equivalence. A copy of the evaluation results must be included.
- Documents addressing medical training and certification are required. For positions involving patient care, candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine.
- If currently in a 0602 series, you must submit an SF-50 (this is the Notification of Personnel Action needed to verify the series.) Transcripts not needed.
- Veteran's Documentation - If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit either a Certificate of Release (DD Form 214) or Discharge from Active Duty (Member 4 Copy or equivalent).
A "Total Rewards Package" is included when working as an FAA Medical Officer which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Talent development opportunities
- Health and welfare benefits
- A minimum of 23 paid days off
- Flexible work schedules
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) may be authorized