Links to information and resources available to the Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) community.
Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
- Revision date of the Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners - June 24, 2015
- Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners main page
- Archives and Updates - Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners (PDF). This document includes a complete listing and description of all updates made to the AME Guide. Updates posted on June 24, 2015 include:
- POLICY CHANGE **HTN medication - wait time is now 7 days**;
- Updates to CACI-Hypertension Worksheet;
- Testicular Cancer disposition table updated;
- Testicular Cancer - now has a CACI worksheet;
- New pharmaceutical page for Erectile Dysfunction and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Medications, including wait times table; and
- CACI Index in PDF version of the AME guide to link to the CACI conditions
AMCS Modernization Project
The Aerospace Medical Certification Division (AMCD) is in the process of modernizing the technology used for the AMCS application. Visit the AMCS Modernization Page for more information.
Employment Opportunities in the Office of Aerospace Medicine
The Office of Aerospace Medicine is searching for one physician to fill a vacancy in the Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Important! You must upload all requested documents with your application. Incomplete applications are not forwarded to the Office of Aerospace Medicine by Human Resources.
The Aerospcae Medical Certification Division vacancy is posted on usajobs.gov (link provided below):
If you are interested in this vacancy, please review the announcements and apply according to instructions in the vacancy announcement. You must upload all requested documents with your application. If you have any questions regarding either of these critical positions, please contact Erin McManus at (405) 954-1005 or Kevin Carrel at (405) 954-1006.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Guidance
- Denial of Issuance of Medical Certificate (AME) (PDF)
- Instructions for Preparation and Submittal of Electrocardiogram (FAA Form 8065-1) (PDF)
Online Systems and Resources
- Aerospace Medical Certification Subsystem (AMCS)
- Contact your Regional Flight Surgeon
- Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
- Order Medical Forms and Stationery
Publications and Manuals
- Aerospace Medical Certification Statistical Handbook (PDF)
- Aviation Medical Examiner System - Order 8520.2G (PDF)
- Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Bulletin
- Pilot Safety Brochures
- Advanced Aerospace Medicine On-line
- Aviation Medical Examiner Seminar Schedule
- Aviation Medical Examiner Training
- Instructional Video - OSA Screening
- Cardiology Changes in Certification (21:10 minutes)
- Conditions AMEs Can Issue (CACI) (22:47 minutes)
- ECG Webinar - Aeromedical Certification and Implications (58:56 minutes)
- ECG II: Aeromedical Management of ECG abnormalities detected as part of an FAA exam (48:38 minutes)