- As a result of the crisis in the face of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States, the Delegation and Organizational Procedures Branch (AIR-6F0) is cancelling the application of any late fee associated with the 2020 Engineering Designee Recurrent Training. The registration fee will remain $75 for this training year. All other training due dates remain in effect.
- UPDATE - March 17, 2020: Impact of COVID-19 on Scheduling Dates for the 2020 DER Optional Supplemental Training (In-person):
As a result of the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the United States, the Delegation and Organizational Procedures Branch (AIR-6F0) is temporarily suspending the scheduling of our 2020 DER Optional Supplemental Training (In-Person). At this time AIR-6F0 still plans to hold sessions in calendar year 2020 in Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Denver, New York, and Atlanta, but until further travel related guidance is available from the Department of Transportation we do not plan to schedule these training events.
- UPDATE - March 17, 2020: Impact of COVID-19 on the Scheduling of the 2020 Recurrent Training for Acoustic Designees (DERs and UMs):
As a result of the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the United States, the Delegation and Organizational Procedures Branch (AIR-6F0) is temporarily suspending the scheduling of in-person 2020 Recurrent Training for Acoustic Designees. At this time we plan to hold this training in Los Angeles sometime in calendar year 2020, but until further travel related guidance is available from the Department of Transportation we do not plan to schedule this training event. Once a date is established for this training, all acoustic DERs and ODA Unit members with acoustics authority will be notified by email.
- The 2020 Engineering Designee Recurrent training program is open for registration. This curriculum is available for credit through September 30, 2020.
- The FAA has issued Policy Memorandum AIR600-19-6F0-PM01 - Changes to FAA Order 8100.8D Recurrent Training Program Requirements and New Due Dates for DERs, ODA Engineering Unit Members, DER Advisors, and Aircraft Certification Engineering OMT Members. This policy memorandum makes changes to the requirements for annual recurrent training. Please review this policy memorandum and the associated Frequently Asked Questions document before registering for your 2020 training.
- Renewal Requirements
- News for Aircraft Certification Designees
- How to Become a Designee
The Engineering Designee Training Program continues to undergo significant revisions. Our training program offers a blend of Initial and Recurrent training. Our training is developed to convey current and new policy, and provide applicable technical information to Engineering Designees, ODA UMs and ACO Engineers who manage these designees.
While some of the material learned in long term evolution training programs is intricate, our goal is to make it as simplified and easy to understand as possible. For help and community support, view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
The following courses are offered:
- Electrical - Online
- Structures - Online
- Mechanical Systems - Online
- Propulsion - Online
- Flight Test - Online
- Acoustical - Seminar
- Software - Instructor-Led
EDR & ODA Training
- Engineering Designee Initial Training - Online
- Repairs and Alterations for AIR Engineering Designees - Online
- ODA Seminar
- ODA Engineering Initial Training - Online
- ODA Applicant Training, Part I - Online
- ODA, Part II: Major Repairs, Major Alterations and Airworthiness (MRA) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Production Certification (PC) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Technical Standard Order Authorization (TSOA) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Type Certification (TC) - Online
Face-to-Face Supplemental Training
The DER General Session has been eliminated as a separate requirement. Information previously offered in the General Session will now be included in the Recurrent General Training Overview course, which is required prior to completion of elective courses. We will hold optional face-to-face supplemental training sessions at multiple locations every year. These optional sessions will not fulfill any training requirement but will be free to anyone who has registered and paid for online recurrent training. These sessions will include both subject specific presentations by FAA personnel as well as an open forum format to allow attendees to discuss issues of interest with FAA personnel. A tentative schedule for Optional Supplemental Training Sessions is provided below. Log into the Designee Registration System to enroll in these sessions. See Agenda for more information.
|Los Angeles||May (TBD)||TBD|
|New York||August (TBD)||
|Fort Worth||October (TBD)||TBD|
|April||Fort Worth||Fort Worth|
|May||Los Angeles||Los Angeles|
|August||Anchorage||New York||Boston||New York|
Policy Memorandum AIR-600-19-6F0-PM01, Changes to FAA Order 8100.8D Recurrent Training Program Requirements and New Due Dates for DERs, ODA Engineering Unit Members, DER Advisors, and Aircraft Certification Engineering OMT Members makes significant changes to the Engineering Designee Training Program and Policy. Policy Memorandum AIR-600-19-6F0-PM01 supersedes Policy Memorandum AIR100-17-160-PM02.
Additional information on the implementation of this change is provided in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document.
- Contact us: Engineering Designee Training Program
- Designee Registration System
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Designee Training Program - Course Topics
- News for Aircraft Certification Designees
Visit our page often to stay current with program updates.