Office Hours/Contact Us
4419 Airport Way
Fairbanks, Alaska 99709
Phone: (907) 474-0276
Fax: (907) 479-9650
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
Closed on Federal Holidays.
Office visits by appointment only
Security Requirements for Visiting this Office
An appointment in advance and photo identification are required.
Visitors must be sponsored by an FAA employee or have a sanctioned reason for the visit.
All individuals and property in the immediate possession of individuals entering Federal property are subject to inspection as provided under 41 CFR § 102-74.370. It is a federal offense to bring firearms, explosives, weapons, or other prohibited items into the facility. Do not bring anything into the FSDO unless it is essential to the official business to be conducted. All items brought into the FSDO must be fully exposed and easily viewed (examples include, but are not limited to, folders and papers to conduct official business).
Exemptions from this requirement are noted below and only when escorted by persons possessing FAA identification.
- Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Services Personnel
- Critical utility and service personnel (food services, U.S. Postal Service, delivery services, etc.).
- Fairbanks International Airport
- Special Flight Permit
- Plane Sense General Aviation Information (PDF)
Local Weather Information and News for Pilots
FAA flight service station and pilot briefing: 1 (800) 992-7443
Fairbanks area only: 1 (866) 248-6516
Local Weather Recording (907) 452-3553
National Weather Service (907) 456-0247
State-wide Weather Information (907) 456-0389
- FAA State Weather Cams (Live Photo Camera Images)
- Five Day Weather Forcast - Alaska
- Weather Forcast Canada
- Weather Forcast Lower 48
- USA Weather Cams
Articles for Alaskan Pilots
- Winter Flying (PDF)
- Flying to Alaska (PDF)
- Good Operating Techniques: Off-Airport Landings (PDF)
- 178 Seconds to Live (PDF)