Technical Operations ensures safety and efficiency in the National Airspace System (NAS) by effectively managing air navigation services and infrastructure.
We will become the recognized leader in the management of air navigation services and infrastructure and the gateway to new technologies.
- Ownership: Our passion for our mission drives our commitment to lead with integrity and reliability.
- Accountability: We hold each other accountable for our performance, as it directly affects the work lives of our employees and the safety of the flying public.
- Efficiency: As stewards of public trust, we maximize our business acumen to efficiently manage our resources without sacrificing quality.
- Leadership: We believe that leadership exists at every level of our organization; the motivation and initiative of our employees is the key to our organizational success.
- Collaboration: We recognize that as part of a larger mission, success is dependent on positive and productive partnerships.
- Every day, the Federal Aviation Administration provides air traffic service to more than 45,000 flights and 2.9 million airline passengers traveling across the more than 29 million square miles that make up the U.S. national airspace system (NAS).
- The NAS is a network of both controlled and uncontrolled airspace, both domestic and oceanic. Technical Operations engineers and technicians install, operate, maintain, monitor, and repair more than 74,000 pieces of aviation safety equipment located across all of the United States and outlying U.S. territories.
- You will find us in any location where there is a need for aviation safety. We run a 24/7 non-stop operation that is responsible for safe travel throughout the U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
- Airway Transportation Specialist (ATSS) - are the safe-keepers of the systems and equipment that keep air travel in the United States safer than in any other country in the world. Whether you have an interest in computer science, electronics systems, HVAC, or electrical systems, you will find a fulfilling career as an ATSS.
- EOSH Specialist
- IT specialist
- Management & Program Analyst
- Budget Analyst
Why does it matter?
- Our radar, data automation, communications, navigational aid, HVAC, airport lighting, and power systems provide services critical to the success and safety of our National Airspace System. Among other functions, these services enable Air Traffic Controllers to see and communicate with aircraft personnel and help pilots navigate safely from takeoff to landing.
How can I find out more and apply?
We are actively hiring qualified people from diverse backgrounds to help us grow our team to meet the FAA Technical Operations community’s increasing demands. If you would like to find out more about being part of an organization where the possibilities are literally limitless, please take a look at our Jobs Page